Health & Safety Information
Update: April 8, 2022
In response to the provincial government’s easing of restrictions, The Cinematheque will no longer require proof of vaccination as of April 8, 2022.
All patrons are encouraged to wear a mask if they are able. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
A comprehensive outline of our health and safety protocols can be found below.
What to expect when visiting The Cinematheque
We have developed a comprehensive set of protocols to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our patrons, staff, volunteers, and wider community safe. This will be a phased reopening in order for us to remain flexible as we navigate this new normal.
This information is subject to change, so check back for the latest updates before buying your ticket or visiting.
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is no longer required by public health order as of April 8, 2022.
Masks & Hand Sanitizer
- All front-of-house staff and volunteers will continue to wear masks at this time.
- All patrons are encouraged to wear a mask if they are able to.
- Disposable non-medical masks are available and hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the venue.
- If you wish to dispose of your mask during your visit with us, please do so in the marked landfill bins located in the restrooms, lobby, and entrance to the theatre.
Additional cleaning of the venue, with focus on high-contact areas, has been implemented.
We recommend that patrons purchase tickets online in advance when possible. When advance tickets for a screening are sold out, a limited number of first-come, first-served tickets will be released at Box Office on the day of the screening.
- Online ticket sales end two hours before each screening.
- The Box Office will open 30 minutes before the first screening of the day.
- Debit and Credit sales are preferred, but cash will still be accepted.
Attending a Screening
If you feel unwell, particularly if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you please stay home. As mentioned, all patrons are encouraged to wear a face mask if they are able when visiting The Cinematheque.
While in the theatre, we ask that you:
- Stay in your chosen seat
- Keep your mask on at all times when not eating or drinking
- Give each other space when possible
We have a selection of concession orders available to purchase in-person at Box Office. These include our delicious popcorn, Daniel Chocolates, Karameller candy, The Lemon Square, fountain soda, and hot beverages.
Please line up in the lobby if there is not a stall available in either restroom.
Our restrooms are single stall, all gender restrooms. Everyone is welcome.
Virtual screening opportunities continue to complement our in-theatre programming when possible, ensuring those in our community who are unable to return at this time can still experience Cinematheque programming from home.
Please note that passes and Ticket Packs are not valid for virtual screenings.
Patrons, staff, and volunteers are asked to be respectful of each other’s space in both the lobby and theatre.
In response to the provincial government’s easing of restrictions, The Cinematheque returned to full capacity beginning February 24, 2022.